|Airdate||Thursday, August 31, 2000|
Sticky Tape is the 14th episode of Dora the Explorer from season 1.
Dora and her friends helps Benny by fixing the hot air balloon using sticky tape.
Dora & Boots sees Benny the Bull riding his hot air balloon and keeps saying "sticky tape". Dora & Boots ask Benny the reason he needs sticky tape and he tells them that he has a hole in his balloon and needs sticky tape to fix it. So, Dora & Boots get some sticky tape out of Dora's backpack and they started racing after Benny's balloon, but Benny's balloon disappears behind the clouds and Dora & Boots need to figure out where it's heading. Map says the balloon is going to Crocodile Lake. Before they can get there, Dora & Boots have to go across a Windy River, go over a Slippery Rock to get to Crocodile Lake. Dora & Boots' goal is to get the sticky tape to Benny before the balloon goes into the lake. Not only do Dora & Boots have to fix Benny's balloon, they fix other things too. They fix Backpack's broken strap and Tico's sailboat. They also wrap sticky tape on the nest to the branch of the tree to prevent the wind from knocking it off and Benny's net ladder. Dora & Boots use the sticky tape to put around their shoes to prevent themselves from slipping on the Slippery Rock. Dora & Boots had to watch out for Swiper. Swiper swipes the sticky tape and hides it. But Dora & Boots find it by remembering what the sticky tape looks like. Once they found it, Dora & Boots climb up Benny's balloon and Boots' climbed up the balloon, took a piece of tape and patched the hole. The balloon rised and was out and away from Crocodile Lake.
Places in episode
- Windy River
- Slippery Rock
- Crocodile Lake
- This is the 1st episode on what Dora looks like without her backpack.
- Usually Boots explains his favorite part of the trip after the viewer tells their favorite part first; but Dora explains her favorite part first and then Boots explains his favorite part next. This also happened on "Call Me Mr. Riddles".
- This is the 3rd episode in a row they had to find Swiper at the end of the episode.
- Isa does not appear in this episode.
- This episode had 2 bodies of water. (A river and a lake)
- First episode of 2 to premiere on VHS.
- This was an episode from Nick Jr's Imagine That which was released on VHS.
- This is the 14th episode of the show.
- This is the only episode to feature Crocodile Lake as the destination.
- Just like with Hic-Boom-Ohhh!, Dora and Boots don't ask the question "where are we going". Instead, they ask the question "what do we need".
- During the Travel Song for a 2nd time, Backpack's strap was purple and didn't have any sticky tape mended on it.
- It is unknown as to what happened to Backpack's broken strap on later episodes. It could have been colored purple or a brand new purple strap was mended on.
Swiper the Fox
|Dora the Explorer Season 1|
|The Legend of the Big Red Chicken | Lost and Found | Hic-Boom-Ohhh! | Beaches | We All Scream for Ice Cream | Choo-Choo! | Treasure Island | Three Little Piggies | Big River | Berry Hunt | Wizzle Wishes | Grandma's House | Surprise! | Sticky Tape | Bouncing Ball | Backpack | Bugga Bugga | Fish Out of Water | Little Star | Dora Saves the Prince | El Coquí | The Chocolate Tree | To The Treehouse | Te Amo | Pablo's Flute | Call Me Mr. Riddles|