|Airdate||September 16, 2002|
|Previous||El Día De Las Madres|
|Next||Pinto, the Pony Express|
Map is stolen by a bird who thinks Map is a stick, so Dora and Boots make their own map and must head to the Tallest Mountain in order to save Map.
Dora and Boot are on a far hill away three mountains. Dora introduces her friend, Backpack and hints another friend that lives inside Backpack. Dora asks the viewer(s) who that is. Shortly after, Map pops out and sings a little verse of his song. He then jumps out on the ground.and asks the viewer(s) to sing with him. Dora and Boots join in as well. After they sing, Map jumps on a log and declares everyone should take a bow. Dora and Boots applaud and begin to laugh. Meanwhile in the distance of the three mountains, a big bird swoops down behind the log Map was on. Whilst sing his song once more, the bird picks up three little sticks, then sees Map and somehow mistakes him for a big stick so he takes him away to the Tallest Mountain. Dora and Boots give chase but fail. Map tells them he and the bird are flying to Tallest Mountain. Dora asks how will they get to the Tallest Mountain, and Map responds with "You'll just have to make your own map...!" as he flew away in the distance. Boots asks Dora how they would make their own map. Luckily, Dora has an art box with five yellow stars in Backpack. With the help of the viewer(s), they find the box and Dora opens the box to find crayons and paper. The two walk over to the highest part of their hill to see the view that is their quest. Dora draws three pictures on her paper. One was of the Butterfly Garden close to the hill, next, a cornfield, and then a tall mountain. Dora holds out the paper to Boots and starts naming the places. It is clear what they have to do; they have to go to Tallest Mountain to get back the Map. So the quest begins...
Places in episode
- Dora & Boots had to make a different map to get back the old map.
- There was no 3 picture pop up sequence.
- First of 4 episodes to premiere on DVD.
- This is the 35th episode of the show.
- Benny and Isa do not appear in this episode
- This is an episode why they don't use Map to help them.
- Dora acts as a fake Map saying "[Places to go], say it with me!" Boots also does so by saying "...and that's how we get to [destination]!"
- This episode paves the way for future seasons to where Dora and Boots check Map multiple times and doesn't use the 3 picture pop-up sequence.
- Tico is already at Tallest Mountain for some reason, most likely picking watermelons.
- Dora and Boots climb up Tallest Mountain without any problems.
- At the end of the adventure, Map replicates his sequence when Dora places down the Replacement Map .
- The voice actress of Tallest Mountain is Khaliah Adams.
- Map is technically still a stick considering paper is made from wood.
- This episode, along with Super Map!, can be seen in the VHS and DVD, Map Adventures.
- When Dora asks the viewer to help stop Swiper, the replacement map has Map's color palette for some reason instead of it's original paper white. After Dora and Boots stop Swiper, it's returned to normal color for the rest of the episode.
- Dora places down the map for Map to recreate his segment near the last few minutes of the episode, but when Map finished, the replacment copy disappeared off of Tallest Mountain. It is unknown what happened afterwards
- In the "We Did It!" segment of the episode, Boots has a line that goes, "We counted coconuts and jumped over watermelons", but nowhere in the adventure did they count coconuts, but however they did jump over watermelons when climbing Tallest Mountain.
Baby Blue Bird
|Dora the Explorer Season 2|
|The Big Storm | The Magic Stick | The Missing Piece | Rojo the Fire Truck | Lost Squeaky | Doctor Dora | The Golden Explorers | El Día De Las Madres | Lost Map | Pinto, the Pony Express | The Big Piñata | The Happy Old Troll | Super Map! | Click! | ¡Rápido, Tico! | A Present For Santa | A Letter for Swiper | Dora, La Músico | Egg Hunt | Super Spies | To the Monkey Bars | Hide and Go Seek | School Pet | Quack! Quack! | Whose Birthday is It? | The Lost City | León, the Circus Lion|