|Airdate||Tuesday, August 29, 2000|
Grandma's House is the 12th episode of Dora the Explorer from season 1.
Dora and Boots must bring a basket of food to her grandma's house. But they've been warned to watch out for Swiper the Fox.
Dora & Boots go to her Grandma's house who is sick with a cold. So, they take a basket full goodies and treats to make her feel better. Dora & Boots have to go across a bumpy bridge, across a turtle river to get to Dora's Grandma's house. They have to be on the lookout for Swiper the fox and other obstacles too. They drop the basket on their way to the bumpy bridge but they get a fishing pole to reel the basket back up. Dora & Boots then had to duck down low as Swiper swings on a vine trying to swipe the basket but ends of missing and falls head first into a tree. After that, they rest the basket on a rock where it was really a turtle shell. They look for the basket which was on the turtle's back which led them to a turtle river. Dora & Boots take turns getting across Turtle River by jumping on 5 turtles. After getting across Turtle River, Swiper follows Dora & Boots and Swiper thought he was just a tree and acted out a little bit from the Little Red Riding Hood story having Dora & Boots as Little Red Riding Hood and Swiper as the wolf. Dora & Boots stop Swiper and made it to her grandma's house. They both went in and gave her the basket of goodies and treats and there was also a drawing of a picture of Boots & Dora. In no time, Dora's grandma was all better.
Places in episode
- This episode introduces who Dora's mom and who Dora's grandma look like.
- This episode also introduces what Dora's home looks like and what her Grandma's home looks like.
- A shortened version of The Travel Song was heard on this episode.
- This episode is a retelling of the children's story, "Little Red Riding Hood". Dora and Boots play out the role of Little Red Riding Hood. Dora's mom plays out the role of Red Riding Hood's mom. Swiper plays out the role of the big bad wolf and Dora's grandma plays out the role of Red Riding Hood's grandma.
- This is the 12th episode of the show.
- Dora's last name Márquez is mentioned in this episode for the first time.