|Dora Saves the Mermaids|
|Airdate||September 25, 2007 (DVD)|
November 5, 2007 (TV)
|Next||First Day of School|
- Fiesta Trio
- Pirate Pig
- Pirate Piggies
- Clam (debut)
- Mariana the Mermaid (debut)
- Garbage Octopus
- Sea Shell Bridge
Dora must return a magic crown back to a mermaid named Mariana in Mermaid Kingdom and get past a mean octopus who dumps garbage all over the kingdom.
This plot summary is incomplete. You can help Dora and friends by completing it.
The episode starts where Dora and Boots were at the beach. They were cleaning up the beach because it is Clean Up The Beach Day. They were looking for garbage on the sand. After looking for garbage, a very special clam tells Dora and Boots about Mermaid Kingdom.
Places in episode
- Another episode called "Dora's Rescue in Mermaid Kingdom" is the sequel of this episode.
- This is the first double length episode where Dora says "check" and a red check-mark is placed on what squares which shows the name of the place Dora and Boots went through.
- This marks the last episode for the original cast to act before their departure, but the voice of Map and Swiper will still be present.
- Dora turns into a mermaid just as she puts on the mermaid crown. When she takes it off, she turns back into herself.
- This is the last episode where the blue cursor clicks at the end of the episode. After this, a fade-out effect will take its place for the rest of the series.
- This is the last episode to "find the character" when the closing credits appeared.
- This is the last episode for Season 4.
- This is the last episode to premiere in 2007.
- This is the last episode to have the explorer stars in the intro.
- The 2005-2009 Nick Jr. Productions Logo used the 1999-2005 Nick Jr. Productions music from "Dora's World Adventure" was used again for this episode.
- This is the final time the show uses the 2005-2009 Nick Jr. Productions Logo.
- Split screen airings of this episode use the 1999-2005 Nick Jr. Productions Logo at the end instead.
- This is the 5th episode that lasts for over 30 minutes.
- This is the 101st episode of the show.
- In this episode, there are four squares instead of three.
- The name of this episode was released as a video game for the Nintendo DS.
- Mariana the Mermaid will later appear on a Dora and Friends episode titled Magical Mermaid Adventure.
- Goof: when Dora and Boots finished helping Swiper clean off the whale they run the opposite way to go to Pirate Island.
- The grown-up voice Dora has in Dora's Dance to the Rescue and Dora's World Adventure was also debuted in this episode. This will be the last instance that Dora uses her grown-up voice.
- The graphics has been changed in this episode just like the background and Dora having smaller eyes. All of these things have been used in Season 5.
- Dora and Boots' season 5 look has been debuted in this episode.
- The episode premiered 5 years Click! premiered.
- This is the fourth episode to use the extended version of We Did It. The other three are Dora's Pirate Adventure, Dora's Dance to the Rescue, and Dora's World Adventure,
|Dora the Explorer Season 4|
|Dora's Fairytale Adventure | Daisy, La Quinceañera |Star Catcher | La Maestra de Música | The Shy Rainbow | Swiper the Explorer | Star Mountain | Big Sister Dora | Super Babies | Catch the Babies | Dora's Got a Puppy | We're a Team! | Super Spies 2: The Swiping Machine | Dora & Diego to the Rescue | A Crown for King Juan el Bobo | The Mixed-Up Seasons | Best Friends | Dora's Dance to the Rescue | Save Diego | Dora's First Trip | Baby Jaguar's Roar | Dora's World Adventure | Boots to the Rescue | Baby Crab | Dora Saves the Mermaids|