|Airdate||Monday, September 25, 2000|
Backpack is the 16th episode of Dora the Explorer from season 1.
Dora tells us a story on how she first got her backpack and uses it from that day on.
Dora tells us the time where she first got her backpack. It all started when Dora was looking for her library books. She had to bring back all 8 books to library before it closes or they'll be late. Dora tries to carry all 8 books by hand but they were heavy. And that's when Dora's parents had something to help her carry the books to the library, it was a backpack. Dora thanked her parents and loaded the books inside her backpack. Dora puts on her backpack and gets a hug and kiss to her parents. She then tells Backpack that they had to get to the library before it closes. Dora left her house and her parents reminded her to use what backpack has inside. As Dora was on her way to the library, she hears somebody crying and it was Boots the monkey. He told Dora that he fell and got a booboo. So, Dora checks her backpack to see if there was something to heal Boots' booboo and they chose a soft bandage. She puts it on Boots' booboo, blows a kiss on her hand and pats it gently. Boots thanked Dora & her backpack. Dora explained to Boots that she had to get to the library before it closes. Dora & Boots noticed a map popped out of Backpack. They used it and Map told them that first they had to go across the troll bridge, next they had to climb over the Big Rock and then get to the library. On the way, Dora & Boots use an umbrella to keep dry from a rain cloud. Next they solve the troll's riddle and get out safety scissors to cut through the troll's net. Soon after, Boots cartwheels down the hill and he steps into some icky sticky sand, and he begins to feel mad. Boots tries lift one leg up. His foot comes out of his boot. His boot was stuck in the icky sticky sand. Boots calls out to Dora that he's stuck. Dora had to calm Boots down to relax to tell him that it's okay that she'll pull him out, but first, she has to get a rope. Boots tells Dora to hurry. In no time, Dora gets a rope from her Backpack and she uses the rope to pull Boots out of a sea of icky sticky sand, and Boots is happy to be saved. Dora thanks Backpack and she coils the rope and rests the rope on her arm. Dora and Boots walked slowly past the icky sticky sand area and then they reach the big rock. Dora twirls the rope and lassos the rope onto the branch on the tree. As Dora and Boots start climbing up, the rope starts to rip. She checks Backpack for some sticky tape. Then, Dora uses the sticky tape to patch the rip on the rope. Not long after, they climbed up the rock safely. They then slid down the rock. As Dora and Boots were on their way to the library, they hear Swiper. He quickly escapes and hid inside a tree stump. He comes out of hiding and Swiper swipes Dora's backpack and throws her very far. Dora & Boots ran after her to start looking for Backpack by listening to the sounds. They heard a baa-baa, quack-quack, Backpack and an ack-ack sound. The viewer tells Dora and Boots that Backpack was in the tree. After getting Backpack out of the tree, the library bell sounds. Dora and Boots had to get to the library before it closes for the day. They shout "abre" to the open the door to the library. They made it in on time and Val the Octopus was about to close the library. So, they got out the 8 books from Dora's Backpack and were able to return them back to the library in the nick of time. And that was the time where Dora first got Backpack and the day Dora returned her books to the library.
Places in episode
Listen to the sounds
- Sheep in the bush
- Duck in the flower bush
- Backpack in the tree
- Ack Ack Bird behind the stump
- This episode is about how Dora first got her very own backpack.
- This episode shows who Dora's dad looks like.
- This is the only episode Boots cries.
- After Dora puts on her backpack, she is seen dancing.
- Starting with this episode, whenever the blue cursor clicks on something, it will sharply glow for a whole second.
- This is where Dora & Boots use everything that Backpack had inside.
- This episode appeared on "Dora's Backpack Adventure" on VHS.
- This is the 3rd time that Dora & Boots had to cross the troll bridge and the third time they meet the Grumpy Old Troll.
- Even though, Grumpy Old Troll can get very grumpy, he'll be able to control his temper on later episodes.
- The Fiesta Trio play a different fanfare after Dora & Boots sung the We Did It song.
- This is the 16th episode of the show.
- This is the first episode to read the wrong year; 2001. This trend is brought back in The Missing Piece (earlier airings).
- The episode's title is not to be confused with the character.
- This is the first episode to have four places, even though the Icky Sticky Sand is not on the map. This is fixed in the book, where the sand is on the map.
- This is the third episode when somebody says: "¡Lo hicimos!" at the tail end of the We Did It song, that being Backpack. The first one is The Legend of the Big Red Chicken, which Señor Tucan does it, and the second one is Lost and Found, which Baby Blue Bird does it.
- This is the first episode for the Fiesta Trio to play the fanfare three times. This doesn't happen again until Season 3.
- This is the first episode for Dora and Boots to climb up and slide down.
- Dora's parents doesn't tell Dora that a map can give her directions on her travels.
- The Big Rock is smaller than it needs to be when it is first seen in the distance.
- The canyon for the Big Rock is replaced with bushes when the rock is first seen. This also applies to the game.
- Similarly, it is medium sized on the map.
Boots the Monkey